Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hey everyone! I am here to post a new short and easy tutorial on how to make an old vintage window into a mirror. My mom took 3 old windows that my neighbors were throwing away and saved them for me. How sweet of her =) Anyway, here is what you will need:

-Krylon Looking Glass spray paint (around 11 bucks but print a coupon off line for Hobby Lobby or Michaels)
-vintage window
-newspaper
-window cleaning supplies

1. Clean up the window. Make sure it is free of debris and glass is cleaned. Be sure to clean both sides, especially the back side that wont be showing (this is the side you will be painting!). This picture is of the front of the window that I will be displaying on my fireplace mantle.


2. lay news paper down on your work space. Then lay the window down flat on the newspaper (be sure to play it FACE down, the paint will be sprayed on the back side or reverse side)

3. Shake the Kyrlon spaint VERY WELL!! this is important or else it will come out lookign weird. Be sure your glass is dry and clean.

4. spray the reverse side with clean strokes. Allow 1 minute of drying time between each coat (about 5 to 6 coats). The mirrors won't look like store bought mirrors, it will turn out to look more vintage or old just an FYI!

5. allow to dry over night and VOILA! its done!

I have a beachy, rustic theme to my new living room, so this will fit in perfectly with everything! I have two more windows like this that I will be using for another project =)

No comments:

Post a Comment